Functie: Senior Middleware Engineer Continuous Delivery (QR4555)
Start: 3-4-2017, 36 uur per week
Periode: 6 mnd+
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Senior Middleware Engineer Continuous Delivery.
Your work environment:
The department its main purpose is to: create, evolve and maintain shared services, components and frameworks for other tribes. Within this tribe, IT Product Owners together with the squads will be responsible for the development of components which will be used by other squads. The squads are the home base for the squad members, but hierarchically the members of squads are grouped under Chapters. Each chapter consists of members with the same expertise and this chapter is responsible for defining the roadmap for their expertise, setting the example, share the knowledge and educate other squad members.
The squad you’ll be working for:
You will join one of the squads within CDaaS (Continuous Delivery as a Service) which aims to deliver all the tools and processes which helps to accelerate the delivery of new software and features to our customers. Within your squad you’re responsible for developing, running and maintaining a container solution. This cluster is used to host tools used by thousands of software engineers.
As a Middleware Engineer you will be working together with other colleagues in a squad and you will be responsible for delivering efficient and maintainable code which is well documented.
Your main focus will be on:
- Design, develop and maintain the code to support the Continuous Delivery and shift left initiative.
- Improving our continuous integration, increasing our automated test coverage, and helping us get to the next level of maturity with respect to Continuous Delivery.
In addition to being part of a squad, you will also contribute to:
- Streamlining the chapter’s development process from code check-ins, automated deployment and acceptance testing, all the way towards production.
Who we are looking for?
You love technology and are curious about the trends and developments in your area of expertise. You have a collaborative attitude and are continuously looking for opportunities to take your team one step further. A multidisciplinary team is where you thrive and with your can-do mentality you do what’s needed to get the job done. You are able to develop efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution. With your understanding of operations and platform engineering you know how to satisfy the needs of our customers. You enjoy educating yourself and others and are able to perform on-the-job coaching.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Professional and intellectual ability at bachelor level
- 5+ years of platform engineering / total stack experience, preferably in creating highly scalable mission-critical environments
- Good knowledge OS fundamentals with the ability to apply it in the context of modern operating systems (e.g. RHEL, Tiny Core and Windows)
- Knowledge of container and container management technologies and the security thereof is hugely beneficial (e.g. Docker, Mesos, etc.)
- Knowledge of high available storage technologies is hugely beneficial (e.g. NFS, GlusterFS, Ceph, etc.)
- Knowledge on virtualized components is an important nice to have (e.g. vCenter, ESXi, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Bash scripting
- Experience with at least one modern scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc.)
- You are able to develop efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and continuous development tooling
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written
- You value a multi-cultured environment where English is the working language and you easily get on with people from different cultural backgrounds
- You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments
- Experienced with Agile development & Scrum
- Able to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Knowledge sharing will be expected
- Passion for backend technology
- Attention to details
What do we offer:
The organization is a challenging IT work environment with extensive, innovative developments. Service Delivery is performed according to a new method - Continuous Delivery. Staff who want to grow along with us will be given plenty of opportunities for their own initiatives and development. A very innovative and international IT environment
U dient in te loggen om gebruik te maken van Opdrachten.nl
ICT (applicaties en software)
Bedrag per uur
Verspreiden via social media
Geef a.u.b. hieronder een cijfer voor de 5 referentie onderwerpen (1 = het laagst, 10 = het hoogst) en schrijf een duidelijk toelichting.